(See CV for complete list and linked publications)
Tonal and intonational categories
Kristine M. Yu, Sameer ud Dowla Khan, and Megha Sundara (under revision). Intonational phonology in Bengali and English infant-directed speech.
Kristine M. Yu, Sameer ud Dowla Khan, and Megha Sundara (2014). Intonational phonology in Bengali and English infant-directed speech. In Proceedings of Speech Prosody 2014. 1130-1133. [pdf]
Kristine M. Yu (2011). The learnability of tones from the speech signal. PhD Thesis. University of California Los Angeles. [pdf]
- Kristine M. Yu (submitted). Advantages of constituency: computational perspectives on Samoan word prosody. Comments welcome! [manuscript, code]
- Kie Zuraw, Kristine M. Yu, and Robyn Orfitelli (2014). The word-level prosody of Samoan.2 Phonology 31.02, pp. 271-327. [web, pdf]
- Kristine M. Yu (submitted). Tonal marking of absolutive case in Samoan. Comments welcome! [manuscript]
- Kristine M. Yu and Edward Stabler (submitted). (In)variability in Samoan prosody and consequences for syntactic parsing.
- Kristine M. Yu. (2011). The sound of ergativity: morphosyntax-prosody mapping in Samoan. In: Suzi Lima, Kevin Mullin, Brian Smith, eds., Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society, Vol. 2, Graduate Linguistic Student Association, Amherst, MA, pps. 825 -- 838. [pdf] (Note: this is also frequently cited as Yu (2009).)