(See CV for complete list and linked publications)
Selected talk slides are available at Speaker Deck.
Tonal and intonational categories
Kristine M. Yu (2017). The role of time in phonetic spaces: temporal resolution in Cantonese tone perception. J. Phonetics. [pdf]
Kristine M. Yu, Sameer ud Dowla Khan, and Megha Sundara (under revision). Intonational phonology in Bengali and English infant-directed speech.
Kristine M. Yu, Sameer ud Dowla Khan, and Megha Sundara (2014). Intonational phonology in Bengali and English infant-directed speech. In Proceedings of Speech Prosody 2014. 1130-1133. [pdf]
Kristine M. Yu (2011). The learnability of tones from the speech signal. PhD Thesis. University of California Los Angeles. [pdf]
- Kristine M. Yu (to appear). Proceedings of Formal Grammar 2017. Advantages of constituency: computational perspectives on Samoan word prosody. [pdf, code]
- Kie Zuraw, Kristine M. Yu, and Robyn Orfitelli (2014). The word-level prosody of Samoan.2 Phonology 31.02, pp. 271-327. [web, pdf]
- Kristine M. Yu (under revision). Tonal marking of absolutive case in Samoan.
- Kristine M. Yu and Edward Stabler (accepted). (In)variability in Samoan prosody and consequences for syntactic parsing. Laboratory Phonology. [pdf]
- Kristine M. Yu. (2011). The sound of ergativity: morphosyntax-prosody mapping in Samoan. In: Suzi Lima, Kevin Mullin, Brian Smith, eds., Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society, Vol. 2, Graduate Linguistic Student Association, Amherst, MA, pps. 825 -- 838. [pdf] (Note: this is sometimes (mistakenly) cited as Yu (2009).)